Friday, December 23, 2011

What I Love...in 400 Words #DecWriteO

Let me preface this by saying...this is a list, my list and I am hoping that all the love and magic in it will help my heart feel a bit less humbuggy today.  Hopefully, it can inspire you too!  Merry Christmas! <3  




What I Love…(400 words)


Twinkly, sparkly lights on my Christmas tree, and in the darkest of starry night skies or on my car roof from a diamond. 



The smell of fresh coffee as my eyes open to a new day.  Venti Quad 3 pump Nonfat Pumpkin Spice Latte with whip.  Or Gingerbread, depending on time of year. 

Cranberry Fig salt scrub for my winter holiday blues and rough elbows.  Shea Moisture Lotions in all their glorious goodness.  Dress trousers that fit my waist and flow to the floor.  Cute and comfy shoes!  

Books…oh, how I love books! Rumi, Emily Dickinson, Jane Austen, Paulo Coehlo, Pablo Neruda, BrontĂ«, Joseph Campbell, Dr. Seuss, Elizabeth Gilbert

Tarot cards.  Twitter.  The Moon.  Miracles. Angels.  My tea kettle.  Relaxing Salt Baths.  Journals. Monkey Slippers. My iPad. Writing from my heart and in the flow.

Valley of the Moon and Luna Winery.   Red wine.

Portugal…specifically the Magical Island of Madeira.  Yes, it really is Magical there!  

Magic.

Love.

My hair...it took about 30 years for me to finally admit this one and now I fully own it! 

Dark Chocolate. 

Fall and fall weather with the smell of fresh fallen leaves and a touch of chill in the air. 

My Mom.  Shared secrets and treasured memories with both my baby sisters.  Hugs and kisses from Cameron. The amazing, magical blessing of Being Cole Cole.  Jack, who as each day passes and years fly by has become more of a dad to me than I could have ever hoped for in this life.  Loving Friend all over the world who can make me smile, no matter what! 

HUGS.  And Kisses.

Candy Canes hanging on my tree. 

My car, my first car, that still runs and gets me to where I need to go. 

Scarves and wraps.  Fingerless gloves. Sudoku. Painting. Baking orange cranberry bread and snowball cookies. Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm.  Harry Connick, Jr. College football Saturdays! Pizza Margherita.  Sushi.  Pickles. Ocean air and waves crashing. French toast and crispy bacon. BACON! Breakfast in bed.  Kisses under the stars.  Flip flops.  Pumpkin pear bisque.  Pho Soup. Frick Park. Phipps Conservatory.  The Getty Museums. Blowing bubbles in the sun filled day with my nephew.  Bagel Factory Everything Bagels.  Square CafĂ©: everything they make!

Giggling.  Laughing so hard I can not breathe with my sisters. 

Chili simmering on the stove. 

Fresh flowers on my desk. 

Art store sales! 

What do you love?  Think about it, write about it, share it here or anywhere! 

With Love and Christmas Magic! 

xoxoxo

1 comment:

Square-Peg Karen said...

Nicole, reading this made my heart open up! So many of the things you wrote resonate with me - and there are so many things I know nothing about (but could FEEL here!)--such a joyous post. Thank you!!