Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Secret to Begin

My lovely friend, Amy is offering up a quiet oasis of a writing circle for December.  (You can join in here: Writing Circle with Amy Oscar ) 


Ooooo, in my quiet space I sit with this prompt:  December 5th – Begin. We are going on a journey. Who knows where it will lead? What will you take along? What will you leave behind.
I have sat with this prompt for 9 days now.  Rolling it around my head, my soul and my heart. Searching for the right words, the right path, the right....Woah! Hold up!  


BEGIN!  Simply.  Begin...


Oh, sweet beginning.  There you are again...how nice to meet you.  Shining beauty, shining light. Oh what sweet beginning we begin again...




Oh, bittersweet ending is where my mind goes.  


In my haste I jump too fast to the end...at times...missing the start, the magic, the enoughness of now.  I remembered a beautiful post and an insightful journal lesson from years ago while I was going through my divorce.  I pulled it out and included it here...seems fitting and a wonderful reminder for me, again.  


From a 2005 journal entry:

"Here's a reason for using these questions-- by doing so you acknowledge that it isn't the answers that matter, but the process of asking. You stop focusing on when ______ happens, then you will _____. You start saying, "Now is now, I am okay, and I can start living in the flow now, where everything is valuable."

"Today's Intention: To notice when I focus on the end result, the goal, rather than the unfolding path."



As I sit here today, I can not help but wonder where my sense of wonder and excitement went for the path, the exploring, the adventure.  I get glimpses of it when I am traveling and trapsing around new cities and foreign lands. 


I realized this morning the real secret of BEGIN.  In my magical shower it dawned on me...I keep looking out, looking up, jumping too fast to the end when in reality I simply need to get still, turn within and BEGIN.  


As I sit here still searching for the perfect word the little voice inside is saying, "Just for today!"


So I ask you to join me in this journey as we Begin...just for today!  What will you discover?  What will you feel?  What will you see?  Magical wonder awaits you on your path!  


Just for today...dance the path and do share with me any magical discoveries of the Begin!



3 comments:

Lisa Robbin Young said...

This is me, putting on my dancing shoes!

Amy Oscar said...

Today, I discovered so many things. I reclaimed my health after the flu; I risked buying a new pair of heels - yes I did! It was a risk because lately, I've been feeling 'too old' for such things as heels and hairdos and trying to look beautiful. Today, I caught myself thinking that way and got right out of that story. So, this is me, also putting on my dancing shoes. :)

Nicole said...

Ah, I love that you put on your dancing shoes and got on the path and story that suited you! These discoveries are magical and beautiful! Thank you for sharing!